Spence Saga
Grandma Karen & Grandpa Ron...
Few can bring the warmth... we can find in their embrace,
And little more is needed to bring love, than the smile on their face.

They've a supply of precious stories, yet they've time to wipe a tear,
Or give us reasons to make us laugh, they grow more precious through the years.

I believe that God sent us Grandparents as our legacy from above,
to share the moments of our life, as extra measures of His love.
--We love you, love your grandkids

Monday, May 18, 2009

Catching up

It's been awhile since I blogged, so I need to catch up a little. On Mother's Day, I had Mom come over and made her favorite dinner - Rolatten. I made it on Saturday and had it slow cook all night and morning. Our house smelled amazing. Chelsey & her family joined us for dinner and we played cards after the guys cleaned up the kitchen. Chad and Jeremy stopped by and Julie called. She gave me some cute decorations for our cabin the day before. It was a really nice day.

This week we went up to our cabin again. Mason got to come with us and he was quite the helper. We had a pile of lumber that Ron cut up and Mason helped load it into the trailer and then unload it again into the wood pile.




In between helping, he rode the 4 wheeler. He rode it around the cabin over and over. He's pretty cautious on it and started out very slow, but started going faster as he got more confidence.









Thanks for helping so much Mason. Between helping us, playing cards with me, and riding the 4 wheeler, he stayed pretty busy.
Every one of our grandkids hold a special place in our hearts, including Mason. For some reason, he reminds us of Jeremy at that age. He has such a kind heart, always wanting to please, and so enjoyable to be around. Hopefully, he'll want to come again after we put him to work. We think the 4 wheeler will be the big enticement!

2 comments:

Lindsay Steenblik said...

ha ha ha! :) I am sure Mason will join you whenever you need him JUST because you are his Grandma, he loves you. But I am sure that the 4-wheeler will help.

I can't believe how BLUE that water is up there! It is AMAZING! Can't wait to join you up there one time this summer. I am starting to get my tastebuds ready for a delicious RASPBERRY SHAKE from La Beu's!

Thanks again for all your help two weeks ago with Asher. It really meant a lot to me!

Roberts said...

Your view is so amazing. I had to laugh about moving the wood. I have moved our wood pile 4 times since we built, and we have alot of wood. But this time it will stay it's out of sight.