I'm starting to think we're living in the Northwest again. Berkley invited Rachel to go to the cabin, but the forecast looked like rain everyday. They wanted to go anyway, so we decided
RAIN OR SHINE
we'd make the best of it!
Is there one head or two in this picture?
Yes, that's RAIN hitting the water!

Bryn tried to be a good sport, but decided to get in the car and wait for the girls to gain some sanity and come in from the rain!
We went to the beach & then to the pool, and then
so we threw them some of our crusts.
Lounging on the hammock.
Still a little chilly.
Time for a little snooze.
Bryn thought that looked pretty comfy.
Lounging on the hammock.
Still a little chilly.
Time for a little snooze.
Bryn thought that looked pretty comfy.We made the best of the rain. Stayed in and played lots and lots of games -
and we didn't even get cabin fever.
Bryn joined in when we were playing charades. Rachel was acting out shooting
at people and Berkley and I weren't guessing the word,
when Bryn chimed in and said "war" and Rachel said that's it!
Hey, how did a little 4 year old outguess us.
Bryn talked to me about her trip last year to the beach in great detail.
I was amazed that she remembered so much when she was only 3.
What a smart little girl!
Bryn & I snuggled up on the couch one night while the girls were playing games, and we took turns singing songs to each other. She taught me "The Speckled Frog" song and then we started tickling each other and were both laughing hysterically.
So, as you can tell we didn't let the bad weather
RAIN ON OUR PARADE!
All 3 girls were very cooperative and polite and helped clean up when it was time to go.
We may have to try it again when the weather is a little warmer and sunnier!






3 comments:
I hate to complain about the rain, but I do want to wear short sleeve shirts and capri's. I think I need one of those hammocks for my deck at the cabin.
What fun pictures mom! Looks like the girls had a great trip. I think it's my turn to have a great trip. I'm thinking of coming the 17th - the 20th. I have to be home for church on Sunday for Father's Day, but I want to come that week. How does that sound?
It's amazing how when you are young . . . you will do anything . . . and make it fun! Looks like they had a blast.
Well . . . reading Julie's comment may have answered my question. I was going to see if you were available to play with Asher on Friday, June 19th, from 8:30 - 1:30.
Let me know if that works or not. The sooner the better. I actually have to work an event the ENTIRE day on the 19th. But Jeremy will have Asher the rest of the evening.
Just email me: lsteenblik@comcast.net
Post a Comment