Spence Saga
Grandma Karen & Grandpa Ron...
Few can bring the warmth... we can find in their embrace,
And little more is needed to bring love, than the smile on their face.

They've a supply of precious stories, yet they've time to wipe a tear,
Or give us reasons to make us laugh, they grow more precious through the years.

I believe that God sent us Grandparents as our legacy from above,
to share the moments of our life, as extra measures of His love.
--We love you, love your grandkids

Monday, July 27, 2009

ANOTHER JULY BIRTHDAY BASH



Every year, I get the infamous call by Chan asking what
we're doing for his birthday.
This is the 4th year of letting him invite a few friends
and going on a trip somewhere.
This year he wanted to go to our cabin and go boating.
Even though it's a lot of work, I think it's pretty fun
that he wants to continue this tradition.
I'll be secretly sad when he outgrows his grandparents
and decides not to do this anymore.
Hopefully he'll want to for a few more years.

Great bunch of friends.



They were anxious to get the water weenie
on the water.








They had a blast until one of them got hurt
owie - huh Chandler





Zach, Kaydn, Chan, Miles, & Nate
celebrating with chocolate cake & ice cream

Good timing boys! They were there just as we were doing our landscaping
so we put them to work for a few hours. They were great workers
and definitely deserved a couple of fun boating days for their help!





Relaxin' in the sun and soaking up some rays.

The tube was definitely a big hit.

Flex those muscles Chan!

Lots of male bonding time.

Did some swimming under the boat.

All 4 riding the tube back to the marina.
Kaydn met up with his family and missed
some wild rides on the tube.
This trip was definitely a hit.
They were a great bunch of guys -
very polite and cooperative.
We may have to do it again next year!
Good thing we have a year to rest up!






2 comments:

berkley and Kallie said...

Great Pictures MOM!!!! You really are the best mom/grandma in the world. People keep asking me if they can rent you and I tell them NO WAY! You're all mine!!!

Thanks again for taking Chan and his friends on a great trip.

loves....

Roberts said...

I love the color of Bear Lake. That is a fun tradition and I hope to start my own with my grandkids. Aren't cabins the best.