Spence Saga
Grandma Karen & Grandpa Ron...
Few can bring the warmth... we can find in their embrace,
And little more is needed to bring love, than the smile on their face.

They've a supply of precious stories, yet they've time to wipe a tear,
Or give us reasons to make us laugh, they grow more precious through the years.

I believe that God sent us Grandparents as our legacy from above,
to share the moments of our life, as extra measures of His love.
--We love you, love your grandkids

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

THE INFAMOUS TEEPEE!

Love to look back on fun times with our kids.
Back in 1975 (35 years ago) I made this cute
teepee
that my kids have many fond memories of.
Jeremy remembers having his first sleepover in it.
The whole family got in it one year and opened
Christmas presents.
It's been put away for a few years,
but I got it out the other day and took the stakes
out of it and washed the fabric in the washing machine.
That's right, it hadn't been washed in 35 years!
I thought the fabric might fall apart, but it
looks as good as the day I made it.
I don't know if
Asher or Jeremy
was more excited to see it!



Asher took one look at it and decided
it makes a good garage.
So he was very busy taking anything
he could push in and out of it.


Another thing Asher loves doing
(and he would do it for hours if
we let him!) is throwing balls
on top of the swimming pool cover.


Waiting for Jeremy to retrieve
the balls he's already thrown in.

O.K. here it goes into the pool.

Ready, Set, Throw

Looking at his mission accomplished!
All 3 balls in the pool.
Now he'll wait for them
to come out so he can start
all over again!

He also loves going on bike rides
with his Mom or Dad on his new bike seat.

He loves being outside so hopefully
Spring is here to stay and we can
be outside enjoying all the fun
outside activities!


2 comments:

berkley and Kallie said...

ahhh..... I can't believe you still have the teepee. I LOVE that thing. I have a ton of memories associated with it. I'm glad you kept it for little Asher. I bet he LOVES it like we did.

loves....

berkley and Kallie said...

Sorry Mom. It's Julie posting not Berks! I must be on her account.