Spence Saga
Grandma Karen & Grandpa Ron...
Few can bring the warmth... we can find in their embrace,
And little more is needed to bring love, than the smile on their face.

They've a supply of precious stories, yet they've time to wipe a tear,
Or give us reasons to make us laugh, they grow more precious through the years.

I believe that God sent us Grandparents as our legacy from above,
to share the moments of our life, as extra measures of His love.
--We love you, love your grandkids

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mom's 80th Birthday Celebration

Last spring, we talked about having an 80th Birthday Celebration for my Mom
but her health was deteriorating so quickly, I didn't know if she would be up for it or even still here. She lost 30 lbs. and seemed like she had given up. Through a lot of prayers and finding the right treatment for her, we were thrilled to see her health turn around. She's gained 20 lbs. and is getting back to her spunky self. So we celebrated with her in style with an Open House.
We had a wonderful turnout with many friends and relatives showing their love and support.

Karen, Chelsey, Mom, Julie and Jennifer
  
Joe, Chelsey, Mom, Julie, and Jeremy
 
Laura and Bill


Sherry, Steve and Mary Lynn

Logan and Chloe


Logan, Jackson and Chloe


Her brother Scott telling her something
that made her laugh!
 


Karen and Mom


Peggy and Carol


Dave, Stewart and Jennifer


 Veloy Smith


Sheldon and Gail Hansen

Ken and Joanne Nunley

Marilyn Monson

Brad and Darlene and their kids

June Krainik


Bert Fisher and his wife

Jan Newton


The Dahl's

Nettie Linton and Don Call

Pat Romney


Dianna Larsen sent this beautiful
bouquet of flowers that I put on the serving table


Picture table of my Mom through the years



When I told her I wanted to take pictures of her
with everyone to make a memory book,
 she said "that's the worst present
you could give me - I hate having my picture taken!"
Oh well, we did it anyway and I think she'll be glad,
although a few people got away without getting
their pictures taken.

We're so thrilled that she felt well enough to have this party -
it truly does seem like a miracle.
We're so grateful for the flowers, cards
 and friends and family
 who shared in her big celebration.

THANK YOU  THANK YOU!!! 

3 comments:

Roberts said...

Those pictures are priceless. I wish I had taken more of my Dad. I'm glad she made it to the party.

Julie Pia said...

What a special day for Nana Low. You spoiled her truly and she deserved every second of it. Glad Joe and I got to be apart of it all. Loves.....

Dani said...

I am so sad I had to work during this -- my parents & I are going to try to make it up this week to visit her :) -- Happy it went so well, & love the photo's with her and Grandpa Scott.