Spence Saga
Grandma Karen & Grandpa Ron...
Few can bring the warmth... we can find in their embrace,
And little more is needed to bring love, than the smile on their face.

They've a supply of precious stories, yet they've time to wipe a tear,
Or give us reasons to make us laugh, they grow more precious through the years.

I believe that God sent us Grandparents as our legacy from above,
to share the moments of our life, as extra measures of His love.
--We love you, love your grandkids

Thursday, December 18, 2008

FRIENDS IN HARMONY

One of the joys of my life is the singing group I'm in called Friends in Harmony. It absolutely makes my Christmas season. Not only are we wonderful friends, but we love the service we give to others. We sing for church and community events. Probably our favorite performances are at care centers. Just seeing people's eyes light up as they recognize many familiar songs and sometimes join in and bringing a little bit of Christmas joy into their lives makes all the months of practice and time away from home worth it. This year is my 20 year anniversary and even though I haven't had a normal Christmas for 20 years, I wouldn't trade it for anything. My children may not agree with me on this, since they had many years where Christmas was thrown together at the last minute.



















Singing for our families at our annual Christmas Family Home Evening. We had a new program this year focusing on Christ and the true meaning of Christmas. Our pianist, Diane Beck, wrote the beautiful narration and it certainly made the season for all of us and hopefully those who heard it.


Our last program for the season was at Brookhaven Clubhouse. We performed our variety program and it was a very fun audience.
















We had about 15 performances in a two-week period,
so now we all need to get ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

Julie Pia said...

Wish we could have been there. I'm sure it was awesome. Hopefully we can make it next year. I'm sicker than a dog right now and wondering how I'm going to get everything done by Christmas. Help!