Spence Saga
Grandma Karen & Grandpa Ron...
Few can bring the warmth... we can find in their embrace,
And little more is needed to bring love, than the smile on their face.

They've a supply of precious stories, yet they've time to wipe a tear,
Or give us reasons to make us laugh, they grow more precious through the years.

I believe that God sent us Grandparents as our legacy from above,
to share the moments of our life, as extra measures of His love.
--We love you, love your grandkids

Monday, March 9, 2009

36th Anniversary

It's hard to believe that

Today is our 36th Wedding Anniversary!

How time flies when you're having fun.


Yesterday in primary, the topic was about mothers and she showed a high school picture of a mother in our ward that's my age. One of the kids said, she sure doesn't look like that any more. Ouch! Glad she wasn't in there to hear that and glad they didn't use my picture.


Engagement Picture


Karen's Family


Ron's Family
Wedding Party
left to right - Gwen, Kim, Peggy, Nancy, Christie, Karen & Ron,
Greg (best man), Ron's Dad & Mom, Karen's Dad & Mom

I know he looks like he wants me, but after the wedding, instead of heading right to our hotel, he was worried about his car having shaving cream on it and we went straight to the carwash!


My mother spent many hours making my wedding dress. She was a wonderful seamstress.


All I can say is we've had 36 wonderful years together.

Sure we've had some up and downs,

but for the most part we've been very happy.

All it took was for Ron to finally decide

that I'm always right

and everything else fell into place!

We are so proud of our family -

3 kids and 7 grandchildren.

Hopefully, if we live into our 90's,

we'll have another 36 glorious years together.

2 comments:

Julie Pia said...

Happy Anniversary! 36 years is soooooo long! It seems like you guys like each other more and more. Love the pictures. I think I'll steal a few for my blog. loves....

Roberts said...

You guys don't look old enough to have been married for 36 years. You look great. I hate my wedding pictures. I had a fat face until I had Heather. Congratulations.